Tuesday 24 May 2011

Setting up Mercurial on IIS

I have just set up a Mercurial server using IIS to serve the requests. I found that the following blog post was a great step by step guide to setting it up http://blog.schuager.com/2010/03/how-to-setup-mercurial-server-on.html. However I had a few issues that were not covered in the blog post: The first was that I was getting a "DLL load failed" error for several modules. The reason for this is that I had installed the standalone version of Mercurial and that it could not reference the compiled C versions of the python modules. I fixed this by copying the pure python modules into the lib directory. You can find the pure python modules for the 1.8.3 version of Mercurial at http://selenic.com/repo/hg/file/3cb1e95676ad/mercurial/pure The second issue was that IIS refused to serve cs files, as the Request Filtering feature was enabled. I disabled this for the whole repo by adding the following to the web.config at the top level of the IIS hg app.

No comments: